Data entry is the foundation for all organizations. No matter what position one holds or level within a company, data entry is in one way or another essential to everyone’s daily operational functions. Data in its raw form is not of much use to anyone, even if one has gathered the most extensive data. In order for data to be utilized to its fullest potential, it has to be properly organized and recorded. All industries today create huge amounts of data, thus data processing becomes the backbone for an organization’s ability to thrive. Due to its cumbersome nature, data entry is difficult to manage, time consuming to process and requires a huge investment of one’s staff. It is the perfect task to outsource, leaving a company the time, money and energy to focus on its core competencies and goals.
The ability to outsource data entry, the most tedious task, has changed the face of the way companies do business. Outsourcing the task that tends to slow an organization down has been revolutionary in the business arena. All studies show this trend will only continue to grow over time. Outsourcing once thought of as a temporary way of meeting a particular objective, is now looked upon in a completely different light. No longer viewed as a temporary fix, Data entry outsourcing services are now respected as a way to cut cost, control reliability, quicken turnaround time, improve customer service, and expand on staffing resources. Outsourcing, now a respected option, is developing into a viable avenue for the effective implementation of new ideas.
Benefits of Data Entry Outsourcing
The main benefits of Data Entry outsourcing are as follows:
- Outsourcing data entry give the freedom and capability to focus on the organization’s core competencies and goals.
- In these tough economic times, outsourcing is a prudent way of controlling ones staffing resources. One hires an outsourcing partner on a per transaction basis, which alleviates the discomfort of having to possibly fire staff members.
- With outsourcing you gain the benefit of economies of scale. In working with an outsourcing partner one receives the least possible unit cost, positively affecting ones operational efficiency.
- With an outsourcing partner, given your costs are based on a per transaction basis it is easier to budget costs and keep within the planned budget.
- With an outsourcing partner, one need not worry about meeting deadlines. As part of the Service Level Agreement delivery times are specified and guaranteed, it is no longer a source of concern.
- With an outsourcing partner accuracy levels are defined in the contract, thus providing the ability to achieve overall higher accuracy levels.
- With an outsourcing partner one has the capability to gain additional staffing resources, giving said company a vast competitive edge.
How is data entry outsourcing being used?
Utilizing advanced data entry skills and tools, an organization finds a one stop solution for implementing many of the necessary daily operational functions. Professional management of data is a valuable resource that contributes to the success of any business or association. The demand for data entry processing crosses all fields and industries.
Worldwide millions of characters of data are captured each day. There are many business processes involved to successfully capture all formats of data; digital imaging, the management of online documents and the conversion of thousands of pages of information by means of electronic recognition and scanning, to name a few. Over the years, a vast array of industries from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies have benefited from data entry outsourcing.
Some of the leading industries and applications utilizing data entry outsourcing are as follows:
- Medical Claim Forms
- Legal Documents
- Clinical Trial Data
- Violation Processing Records
- Financial Statements
- Direct Mail Responses
- Medical Billing
- Tax Forms
- Patient Records
- Customer Lists
- Insurance Form
The structured documents
Structured documents contain information that you know the content and location. Examples of structured documents are:
- application forms
- registration papers
- Medical forms
- Government forms
The data extraction based on the captured position information in the document includes the following functions:
Identification of the forms “RAD Sorter” from the Registered Designs
- Identification of the forms “RAD Sorter” from the Registered Designs
- Autoplay forms
- Image Enhancement and Cleaning
- Recovery and scaling
- Clear overlay
- Repair of damaged characters
- Setting forms by the user
- Intelligent Character Interpretation (technology based on neural networks),
- Data Validation
- Inspector module exploiting the information provided by the recognition engine – characters whose rating is below a predefined confidence level will be validated by an operator
- Video coding module (validation contextual areas abnormality)
- Interface with the information system
- Export data configurable without programming
- ASCII file formats, TXT or CSV
- To databases or applications Trades
The semi-structured documents
Semi-structured documents contain information that you know the context, but not the location.
- purchase orders
- delivery tickets
- College and University Transcripts
- Phone bills
- Bank statements
- Lock Box
The extraction of data whose position varies depending on the issuer of the document, based on a semantic engine coupled to a motor for positional:
- import: capture electronic invoices (e-invoices) provided by the suppliers (file transfer, e-mails, …) for automated processing.
- Rate: provides automatic sorting function fold (bills, assets, …) in a heterogeneous batch image produced
- Recognition: Pattern recognition and OCR reading ultrafast
- extract: Automatic association of semantic analysis processor business fields expected (date invoice, order number, amounts, …)
- control: Association fields to business rules data security (valid date ranges, cross-checks amounts, …). Vérifications par rapprochement avec les données du système d’information (code fournisseur, numéro de commande, code produit, taux de remise…). Audits by comparison with the data information system (supplier code, order number, product code, discount rate …). Si les informations ne correspondent pas, elles sont transmises au module de vidéo-codage pour saisie. If the information does not match, they are transmitted to the video encoding module for entry.
- validate: All data entered, corrected or validated are controlled by the same algorithms as those executed automatically.
- export: data collection and format them before transferring them to the destination information system. From these data, are extracted key indexing and search to be associated with images and documents considered in the context of a archiving in a DMS.
- learning: self-study analyzes the data produced by different modules of the processing chain to feed automatically and in real time, a database of fingerprints. We can then extract the data modeled by their footprints and semantic analysis.
- Archive: automatically feeds the bases GED Docubase Company with documents processed by the chain of forms recognition and previously indexed.
- sync: the system receives information data generated during the recording of invoices (no room …). Ces données viennent ainsi en ajout ou en remplacement des clés d’indexation et de recherche déjà attribuées aux images des factures. These data thus adding or replacing the key indexing and search already assigned to the images of invoices.
The indexing and classification of semi-structured documents is, in general, automatic.